Gulf Coast project where PNL assisted the potentially responsible parties to assess, design and construct the remedy
The PAB Oil site in Abbeville, LA is an 18-acre Federal Superfund site consisting of capped waste areas and a clean closed salt water pond. PNL negotiated, engineered and managed the site stabilization remedy for the responsible parties. PNL currently manages the operations & management of the site as it approaches its fith 5-year review scheduled for 2022. O&M activities include monitoring groundwater conditions, site maintenance, yearly site and cap inspections, reporting, procurement, and oversight.
- The former oil field waste site is through its fifth 5-year review.
- The site is in O&M with reduction in monitoring
- The site groundwater will be sampled two times prior to the next 5-year review.
- The cap is mowed twice per year and the site perimeter cleared and maintained.
- The PAB LLC meets as needed to address technical and legal issues. The last group meeting was held in 2018.