Project Navigator’s experienced personnel are continuously providing design and construction oversight services for major environmental projects. This function is one of our core competencies. Through identifying cost saving opportunities and reducing the owner’s degree of execution risk, our measure of service is for the client to recover project fees repeatedly.
The employees at PNL have accumulated thousands of hours acting as the owner’s representative on long complex, costly projects. We possess both the experience and resources to solve difficult problems and to successfully manage projects.
We have a highly experienced and qualified construction management team that has managed thousands of acres at environmental remediation projects. Construction oversight activities include landfills, solidification, sediment sites, soil removal, demolition, slurry walls, wetlands and solar projects.
Project Navigator’s key functions include:
- Managing of all facets of the work under the contract, whether it is T&M, lump sum or incentivized
- Value engineering
- Reviewing and providing “owner input” to key project deliverables, such as work plans, designs and completion reports
- Acting as a project leader to “raise the bar” on project performance, whether it be on ingenuity, cost and schedule controls, or health and safety awareness
- Maintaining an onsite owner’s presence, attitude and vision
- Providing feedback to the design team
- Acting as a liaison with the contractor’s assigned point personnel
- Assuring that during construction, the design is actually built
- Contractually accepting completed work on behalf of the owner
- Representing the owner in labor issues with local unions